Tuesday 7 February 2012

Final Project part 5: California Raisins, James and the Giant Peach Worm and BB King's How blue can you get? video

Yesterday I had a tutorial with Phil on my work. We decided that I should use the ''Baby Bee'' song by Kenny Neal, but shorten it to at least a minute. However I was able to shrink it to 2 minutes and 10 seconds, Yet I think I will be okay with it since about a minute of the song has lyrics while the rest has a harmonica playing through. I also have to make an animatic by next week so we can see if what I thought up will work or does it need improvements.
So today I was researching on some character designs from the California Raisins and the Earthworm from James and the Giant Peach. The California Raisins for their overall designs of the characters, looking at what they wear to the shape of their body, and the Earthworm for how his glasses acts as his eyes. Also both characters carry with them a jazzy, blues appearance. Which is why I think the both of them will help me design my characters for my blues music.


California Raisins









Earthworm





I also watched a music video by BB King name ''How Blue Can You Get?''. I was watching it to get some reference on the movements of the singers and the instruments players. If anyone knows any blues music videos that could give me ideas on the types of movements the singers preform please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment