Sunday 17 March 2013

Speed Painting Challenge Week 2

Here are the second set of digital paintings for the speed painting challenge. Some of them were fun to draw while some of them I can do much better. Ah well to me this is just a learning experience on using photoshop.

Speed Paint 6

Speed Paint 6 version 2
The sixth music feels distorted yet calming so when making the paintings I was going for distorted shapes with warm colours and form. The first image was meant to represent the beats and flow of the music. However the second image seems to carry more of what I felt when listening to the music which was distortion with a calming atmosphere. 

Speed Paint 7
The seventh music has a wild naturey feel, like a party which then ends in a gentile quieting manner. The background hardest bit was to recreate that wild feel because I want it to have the right amount of craziness.

Speed Paint 8

Speed Paint 8 version 2
The eighth music was very relaxing like a gentle dance with a bit of a jazzy 40s feel, but suddenly it changes it's atmosphere to a stormy growing tone which doesn't feel too sad but determined. Then ultimately end with a wonderful finally that has a burst of character of everything that I mentioned what I felt when listening to the music. I know I sounded crazy but that is what I felt when listening to the music. I don't know if my two paintings even capture most of the stuff I mentioned but one thing for sure out of all the music this one was breathtaking. I will try to get a copy from Tom :).

Speed Paint 9

Speed Paint 9 version 2
The ninth music carried a nightlife celebratory tone which was very exciting that I must try everything while the night is young. That's what I felt when I painted these two pictures, the first one resembling the nightlife while the second one represent the sense of celebration.

Speed Paint 10
The last music feels like a follow up from the ninth music where everyone had their excitement and now it is time to rest and we are entering their dreams to see that they are still thinking about the night they had. The music itself carried a gentle relaxing tone that varies between pitch. Hopefully my last painting of this week represents that.

That is all of them. I did visit the uni's group blog and it says that the next step is to let Tom and Jordan animate our paintings, I don't know if that means we are done painting. To tell you the truth I thought we would be working on these for much longer, I need to contact Tom or Jordan about this.
If it is the last one I had a lot of fun making these and it did respark my taste of creativity, even though I have been drawing in my spare time :).
Well that's all I've got for today hopefully I have something cool to post in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment