Friday 23 May 2014

Shub-Work 05: Three Point Lighting

Hello everyone here is an update on my animation, as mentioned before I was going to look into three point lighting to make my scene more attractive to look at. I did some research on this and followed some tutorials, I even looked back at some old tutorials that was given to me from my time at uni. I then applied the three point lighting setup to my scene and it did improve my scene tremendously .
Here are some pictures that shows the process starting with the key light setup, then the fill light which is meant to lighting up the shadows around Albert a bit then the rim light which is to give a highlight around the character.
Key Light

 Fill Light

Rim Light

Removing the shadow of the character from Fill Light


Here is a comparison between the Old light Setup and the Final Light setup.
Old Light set up

Final Light setup

There might be some room for improvements for the animation but so far it looks complete, I might need to look back on this in the future but for now I am happy with the result.
So until the next blog post see you next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shahbs :D

    So pleased you're still working on Albert - when can we expect the premiere of your animation?

    ReplyDelete