Friday 23 May 2014

Shub-Blog 01

Hey everyone sorry I haven't been blogging for almost two months I was busy upgrading my computer which became a lot of trouble but in the end it was all worth it. Luckily I had most of the parts like a new motherboard, processor and ram as well more memory. Then it all became so troublesome when I bought a new graphics card, it's an AMD Firepro W7000 workstation graphics card. When I acquired it I was so excited but then I realised the sucker was so big it was taking up so much room, I then had to get a new tower case. 
The new case was no bigger than my old one but the inside layout was different where every component can fit in nicely with out any trouble. So when I connected everything in (with some help from my sister) I was ready to start doing things but the monitor was not responding, I got some help from a couple of computer experts and they found out that my old monitor didn't have the right connections so I had to get a new.
After all that I had to reinstall all my programs which took a while but once it was all done my computer became fully operational. 
Here are some pictures of my upgraded computer and new monitor.











I still have some of my old parts like my speakers and keyboard because they still work :). I have started animating again which I will post it's progress soon so I will end todays post by asking if anyone else had this much trouble when upgrading or building a new computer.
Untill next time this is by for now :).

1 comment:

  1. A similar thing happened to me when I built a new computer. I got the Firepro V7900, and a new tower case, but damn thing wouldn't fit in! ...so I had to get an even bigger tower!

    ReplyDelete